Requires JAVA 1.5 or later. Test your Java
DescriptionThis shows how to graph a straight line in Excel and add the best fit line.
- Created:Aug 4 2007
- Make sure you do not have any words with the data
- Highlight the data
- Choose XY(Scatter)
- Label the axes
- Choose "add trendline" from the Chart menu
- Go to the Options tab
- The equation will be the y=mx+b equation of the line
- The closer the R-squared value is to one, the straighter the line.
- Note the R-squared value - not quite 1 but pretty good.
- You now know the slope and y-intercept of the line.