Requires JAVA 1.5 or later. Test your Java
DescriptionUsing Gimp liquid rescale plugin to scale an image without aspect ratio constraints and without introducing distortion of the main image features.
- Created:Oct 16 2007
- Let's try the standard scaling.
- The aspect ratio is lost. The balloon looks bloated.
- Let's try the same with Liquid Rescale.
- The balloon is weird, there are still distortions in the features. We need to protect them.
- We need to create a protection layer.
- Let's select the balloon with the Foreground Select tool.
- We draw an approximative selection around the balloon.
- and paint over the foreground object. (note, this is a tool independent from the liquid rescale plugin).
- A few adjustments are still needed.
- Let's mark the balloon in the protection layer. The marking doesn't have to be perfect in this case.
- We use a plain colour to protect the balloon.
- The protection covers the balloon. Let's add other features to protect: the spectators
- We tell the plugin that we have a protection layer.
- This takes a few seconds...
- ... and now it's done.
- We can hide the protection layer.
- The balloon shape hasn't been distorted. Space has been taken in less important part of the picture.
- You can not really find scaling artefacts with the naked eye.
Comments= comment is from screencast creator